Home » Career-opportunities
Thank you for your interest in a career with American Community Bank. We always welcome new applications. Please contact us at 219-365-6700 to inquire about available opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
American Community Bank seeks full-time and part-time CSRs.
Summary: Our Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are responsible for providing superior customer service and developing strong customer relationships. The position requires a confident and capable handling and balancing of a cash drawer, with an expectation for an efficient and knowledgeable handling of customer transactions. CSRs will learn and understand all procedures responsible for the successful completion of daily activities. The CSR will assist personal and business customers with both routine and unique transactions with an emphasis on problem solving and customer satisfaction. CSRs are expected to learn and understand the customer’s needs and match those needs with appropriate products and services when appropriate. Candidate must be a quick learner with a positive attitude, and have a flexible schedule with a willingness to work at any of the bank’s branches.
Work Hours: Work hours may be anywhere between 8am and 6pm Monday through Friday, and between 8am and 1pm on Saturdays. No hours on Sundays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service in a friendly, professional manner, demonstrating a desire to engage with customers in a welcoming, caring manner
- Balance cash drawer daily while performing routine daily transactions such as: taking deposits, taking loan payments, cashing checks (within bank guidelines), opening new accounts, issuing money orders and cashier’s checks, and more
- Comply with specific banking regulations with regard to handling cash and performing transactions
- Comply with specific banking regulations with regard to customer confidentiality
- Cultivate and maintain a working knowledge of all products and services offered, including electronic delivery channels, making effort to amend that knowledge as needed
- Utilize consultative skills to identify and act on opportunities to refer clients to specialists in other lines of business
- Demonstrate confidence working with personal computers and specialized systems
- Maintain a positive approach in all activities
- Demonstrate an ability to work well with others and in a team environment
- Maintain an even temperament while working through problems or handling complaints
- Maintain a consistent and accurate focus while multi-tasking
- Handle and resolve client problems and complaints in a quick and efficient manner
- Take a collaborative approach to maintaining the appearance of the branch, assisting others with difficulties, and balancing the branch ATM and vault when appropriate
- Maintain a professional manner and appearance and a neat and orderly work area
- Other duties and responsibilities may be required or assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Banking experience is highly desirable, but not required
- Customer service/cash handling experience is desirable
Click the link below to download an Employment Application to fill out and mail in, or you may email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.