Home » Hsas
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an individual savings account established for the sole purpose of helping to pay medical expenses, but HSAs are only available to those that participate in a high-deductible health insurance plan. So while the high-deductible policy provides protection against major medical expenses, the HSA account is used to pay for your day-to-day medical expenses.
- You control the money in your HSA.
- You can use it to pay for eligible medical expenses for you or your family.
- Money you do not spend can carry forward to future years.
- You can even use the money penalty-free after age 65 for any purpose you want.
- Contributions are tax-deductible and eligible distributions are tax-free.
Ask us for more details or to find out if an HSA is right for you.